If you live here….
…then we encourage you to join a local club OR create a reading group!
Interested in starting a chapter in your city?
Here are some suggested ideas for creating you reading circle of sisters:
- Target an age range or audience (this includes facilitating primary and secondary grades and college students)
- Look for women who are committed to literary exposure written by African American authors and authors of African decent.
- Commit to one (1) year of leading a reading Circle.
- Set a minimum of seven (7) active members (including leader/facilitator);
- Be willing to read a minimum of n nine (9) month per year calendar year (allot of holiday breaks). You group may choose to read 12 months.
- If host a group in a school, readings should be based on school schedule and reading/grade level of the students.
If you believe that this is just what your community, organization, or group of reading friend are looking for, begin your reading Circle!
Credits: Maps by Magellan Geographix, S.B., CA (maps.com)